Spectralink Link PTQ360 Quick Charger for Spectralink PTB410 phone batteries (Spectralink Extended Battery is Part Number PTS360)
This battery charger is absolutely brand new with box and user guide. It charges a PTS360 in approximately one hour (NiMH/NiCd batteries only). The Link PTQ360 Quick Charger holds a single PTS360 or PTS330.
BRAND NEW Spectralink PTQ360 Quick Charger For Single NiCd Or NiMH (No Power Supply)
- This unit is brand new in the box, it doesn’t come with power supply (sold separately)
- The PTQ360 Quick Charger is designed to charge a single NiCd (Nickel Cadmium) or NiMH (Nickel Metal Hydride) Battery Pack in 60-90 minutes, use only with battery pack models PTS360 and PTS330 (or equivalent aftermarket replacement – not included)
- Includes original user manual (this is a brand new item)
- Manufactured by: Spectralink Corporation and Polycom
- Part # PTQ360
Power supply Four different models of the power supply for the Link Quick Charger are available for regional power requirements. The correct power supply must be ordered separately when the charger is ordered. If any questions arise, please contact us at 888-533-4894 or at [email protected]
- Set up the Link Quick Charger by plugging the power supply into the Link Quick Charger and into an appropriate wall outlet.
- A solid red LED above the empty charger slot indicates that the slot is idle and ready for use. If the LED does not light, check the power supply and plug connection to the charger. If the charger appears to be plugged in correctly, make sure the wall outlet has power.
- Position the Battery Pack in the charging slot by aligning the top of the Battery Pack with the tracks on the charging slot then gently sliding the Battery Pack upward onto the charging slot.
- While the Battery Pack is in the charging slot, the LED above the slot will indicate the status of the charging process and/or the Battery Pack.
LED status indicators:
- Solid Green—the Battery Pack is charging. The Link Quick Charger takes 60-90 minutes to fully charge a Battery Pack. If the NiMH Battery Pack is hot or cold when placed in the charger, it may take longer to charge.
- Flashing green—the Battery Pack is fully charged and ready for use. You may leave a fully charged Battery Pack in the Link Quick Charger. However, if you remove a fully charged Battery Pack then replace it in the charger, the charger LED will be solid green until the charger determines that this Battery Pack is fully charged. It may take a few minutes to give the flashing green indication.
- Solid red or flashing red—the Battery Pack in the charging slot is no longer capable of retaining a charge and is not usable. If the Battery Pack will not charge, do not continue to charge the Battery Pack. Dispose of it properly and do not attempt to use it in the handset. Do not attempt to open or repair a defective Battery Pack.
- Flashing red/green—there is a problem with either the Battery Pack or Link Quick Charger. It may mean the Battery Pack being charged is too hot or too cold. Allow the Battery Pack to stabilize at room temperature and try again. If the Battery Pack will not charge, do not continue to charge the Battery Pack. Dispose of it properly and do not attempt to use it in the handset. Do not attempt to open or repair a defective Battery Pack. If several different Battery Packs cause the charger to show a flashing red or red/green LED, the charger may not be working properly. To verify this, substitute another Link Quick Charger and repeat the operation that caused the failure. If the same Battery Pack lights a green LED when inserted in a different charger, the Link Quick Charger is faulty. Contact your service representative for assistance.
- Flashing yellow—the Link Quick Charger is testing and conditioning the Battery Pack. This test/condition mode is automatically started every 11th cycle of the charger. Testing the NiMH high-capacity Battery Pack takes approximately eight to ten hours. To manually start the test, press the MODE button. To stop the test, press the MODE button. However, it is highly recommended that the test be allowed to complete.
Complete description and user guide can be found on our manuals section at http://smadny.com/manuals or directly linked here @ http://smadny.com/files/LinkPTB4xx_WT_User_Guide_0.pdf , Page 13-15 . You can also browse the spectralink support site at https://support.spectralink.com . Also please read the Technical Bulletin CS-10-01 about the incompatibility of QPS101A wall charger with PTQ360:
Noted here: ” The new QPS101A universal power supply, labeled HK-JP06-A120 is electrically incompatible with the PTQ360 single battery charger. Attempting to use the new QPS101A with a PTQ360 will not damage the charger or power supply, but the battery will fail to charge. The primary symptom is that the power LED on the PTQ360 will not illuminate when power is applied.”